Monday, December 10, 2007

First Day On The Slopes





We took Kenton up skiing for the first time last Friday. It was opening day at Sundance and we wanted to be there. Kenton wasn't too happy with us layering him with all of the gear, but as soon as he was dressed he was okay. We rented the smallest ski boots available and the shortest skis from Park's Sports in Orem and headed out. There was quite a bit of snow at Sundance, considering how much they usually have.


We hiked up to the rope tow and I picked him up, grabbed onto the tow bar and headed up. I put Kenton down between my skis and sat back to have him get a feel for the skis. He instantly enjoyed them and would talk, sing, and laugh. I took him down the first run nice and slow. He loved that too! Mandee took him down a couple of times with her snowboard. It was a lot of fun! We all had a good time and we now know that Kenton likes skiing! We hope to take him a few times this year. We even got a snowboard for him. That might be a little later though...

4 comments:

Amber said...

Kenton looks so adorable!!! I'm glad he had so much fun and also glad that you guys are such fun parents. I wonder if Cadence would like skiing - probably - she likes anything she can do with Zach.
Mandee you look so pretty!!!

Zachariah Parry said...

Kent, you mammoth! You look like a mountain man. Doesn't it itch? I am glad you updated your blog. I check it like three times a day, you know.

So, my dad called me yesterday to tell me that Josh Leavitt is in his ward. He was your companion in Chinameca, right?

Zachariah Parry said...

Oh, by the way, did you see that half my last post was about you?

Anonymous said...

I want some new updates PLEASE! I hope you guys had fun on your cruise!